29 May HOW TO Polish Fuel Tanks
Did you know stainless steel actually stains?
Yes, you are right, the name says it doesn’t stain, but it does. No problem, we have everything you need to revert this, shine and protect your fuel tanks forever.
Things you NEED to know before getting into polishing:
- Prepare the surface to be polished.
- Get the right products and equipment.
- You can use a buffing machine with a lamb wool pad or do it by hand (elbow grease is required)
- You might need to use Autosol Metal Care as a first step if there’s corrosion or rust visible.
What are the different products that could be used in the cleaning/polishing process:
- To Polish: You can either use Autosol Metal Polish or Autosol Metal Polish Liquid to remove marks, stains, light rust and corrosion of the surface and bring back the shine. This process will leave a waxy thin layer that will protect the surface from further deterioration.
- To Clean: If the tanks are still in good shape, there’s no need to polish them. You’ll only need to clean them with a soft cloth and Autosol Stainless Steel Power Cleaner.
- To remove Rust & Corrosion: Use Autosol Metal Life Saver beforehand. In reality, if you need to use this product, you will then have to apply Autosol Metal Polish, and then in the months to come only maintain the fuel tanks with Autosol Stainless Steel Power Cleaner.
NOW, it’s time to get your hands dirty:
1- Clean, wash, get all dirt off the surface. How? use hot water + detergent and let dry.
2- Choose whether you need to clean, polish or remove rust and corrosion to get the process right.
3- If you need to clean then use Autosol Stainless Steel Power Cleaner as any regular cleaner, with a soft cloth and not applying much pressure.
4- In the case of polishing, apply the polisher, this could be either Autosol Metal Polish or Autosol Metal Polish Liquid
5- Polish in circular motions with a soft cloth or applicator until you have achieved the desired shine or remove scratches and marks.
6- To remove rust and corrosion, use Autosol Metal Life Saver following the instructions on the pack and then repeat steps 4 and 5.
If you have any queries, let us know, we are happy to assist you. 02 9905 8400 or email@example.com